Nobody likes to get up super early, but firefighters say a south side woman's early wake up call may have saved her life, News Radio 1200 WOAI reports.

The woman had gotten up to take a shower and go to work about 1:30 AM today, when she noticed that her home in the 600 block of Linares, which is off Frio City Road, was on fire.

By the time firefighters arrived, the home was engulfed in flames, and it was a total loss.

The woman got out okay, but firefighters say if she had been sound asleep, which is what most people are doing at 1:30 AM, the outcome may have been far worse.