A woman and her dog were pulled out of a second floor window of a burning home in a dramatic rescue by firefighters overnight, 1200 WOAI news reports.


  Fire broke out about 10:30 Sunday night at a home in the 200 block of Cropsey.  That is just north of the former Kelly Air Force Base on the city's southwest side.


  When firemen arrived they found heavy smoke pouring out of the second floor, where the woman's bedroom is located.


  They brought out the rescue ladder and pulled the woman, who is in her forties, out of the window, and also managed to get the dog out safely.


  Nobody was hurt.  The fire was blamed on a water heater on the first floor.  Damage to the home is estimated at $20,000.