A Florida woman has a bone to pick with the makers of Velveeta Shells and Cheese. Ramirez has filed a class action lawsuit, saying she’d never have bought the product had she known it took “longer to prepare than the three-and-a-half minutes stated on the label of the box.” The suit doesn’t say how long it took her to prepare the feast, but she apparently thinks it was long enough to justify the $5-million-plus being asked for
I mean really? Her lawyer says they are suing for false advertising . How does a judge not laugh this out of court? It's a 4 STEP PROCESS people. I've made these bowls a BUNCH and it's no big deal.
In the lawsuit they describe the instructions as:
- “First, consumers must ‘REMOVE lid and Cheese Sauce Pouch.’
- Next, they must ‘ADD water to fill line in cup. STIR.’
- Third, ‘MICROWAVE, uncovered, on HIGH 3-1/2 min. DO NOT DRAIN.’
- Finally, they should ‘STIR IN contents of cheese sauce pouch.’
- Defendant then notes that ‘CHEESE SAUCE WILL THICKEN UPON STANDING’.”
I've never done done the full 3 and 1/2 but that's splitting hairs over a few seconds. This is just ridiculous.
This will be one to watch.
photo: getty images